MOV File Extension is actually a very common multimedia format that is being used for saving video files and movies. It has been specially crafted Apple Computer by using proprietary compression algorithm and is compatible with both Windows and Macintosh operating system. Some of the DVCPRO (HD) files are also available in MOV format. The format specifies a multimedia container file that holds various tracks, each of which stores a particular type of data that is text, audio, video, effects, (for instance → for subtitles).
But, unfortunately, like others here also is a great chance of corruption of MOV files. There can be various reasons for this corruption and damage like accidental deletion, using unauthenticated media player, having malware in the device, dead hard drive, forceful shut down of the device or any other unusual user activities. Among them, Dead Hard Drive is one of the most crucial reason for MOV file corruption.
Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOV
What is dead hard drive?
Dead Hard Disk is a hard drive issues that might get occurred when your hard disk is not responding anymore and generating few “biz biz” sound when booting it as, in that case, it get stops and you will be prevented to access all your data along with MOV files stored on it. Here is some of possible reasons for dead hard drives that cause MOV files corruption :
Destructive spyware or malware like adware, Trojan, ransomware or browser hijacker is the root cause for damage or corruption of any files including MOV files. So, if you don’t have any proper working security programs or you are using any outdated antivirus programs, then definitely you are going to be the nest victim.
- Hard drive sometimes also become dead because of simultaneous reboot.
- Sometimes, hard drive automatically creates some bad sectors because of its over use that turns the files inaccessible.
- However, bad media spots formation can also be the reason responsible for dead hard drive.
- Improper installation of operating system, generating blue screen of death error, etc can also be the reason for dead hard drive.
Chances of MOV File Recovery From Dead Hard Drive
Almost all hard drive face this problem at some stage. In that case, you may get frustrate thinking of their valuable or lovable MOV files that you can’t always replace. But, don’t get disappointed as, with the advancement in technology and features, there’s a chance for recovery of your MOV files if the corruption or damage has not occurred within the files. By using any powerful and effective tool, you can do achieve this tasks of MOV file recovery from your dead drive.
Some Tips To Keep hard drive From failing Or Dead
- It’s very necessary to maintain the backup of your data of your hard disk to external storage device.
- Bu sure oh having perfect working and reputed antivirus software on your PC so as to stay away from perilous program.
- Be alert and don’t try to use any unreliable recovery software to recover your data from dead hard drive. Go for only trustworthy tool.
- Hard disks in some case can contain errors causing some physical problems, software issues, partition table issues, and more. So, you can run Windows chkdsk program so as to handle the problems like bad sectors, lost clusters, cross-linked files, and/or directory errors.
- In order to avoid wear and tear, hard drives should be used in their most efficient states and this includes De-fragmenting. Set your PC(s) to automatically defrag on a weekly basis.
- Loose mounting screws can lead excessive vibrations which can damage to the platters of a standard hard disk. That’s why, if you hear any type of vibrations coming from within your system, open it and make sure that all the screws are tight.